Spring Hours Now in Effect!


We're currently open.Open Today 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Exhibition Banner

Friday, April 27 2018

About The Brush Off | 6th Junior Edition

Doors | 6:30pm
Competition | 7:30pm

THEMUSEUM is a not-for-profit charitable organization.  We are always looking for cool, relevant fundraising initiatives allowing us to awe, inspire and enlighten.

THEMUSEUM is happy to be continuing with our Brush Off | Junior Edition event for the 6th year in a row, dedicated to artists ages 14 to 19, and presently in high school.  This fundraiser for THEMUSEUM will be held on Friday, April 27, 2018 at 7:30pm.  During this ticketed event ‘Junior’ artists are invited to participate in a friendly painting competition, creating art live in front of an audience.  Young artists will be able to showcase their talent on a community stage and network with the local arts scene.   

Guests of the event are encouraged to attend by the artists and promotion through THEMUSEUM.  Friends and family of the artists come out to support the artists and THEMUSEUM, and enjoy a fun evening with a party atmosphere and fast-paced art making.  Artists advance through each round of competition based on the number of votes they receive from the guests in attendance.  All the work produced during the competition is immediately put up in a silent auction. 

The goal of this event is to fundraise for THEMUSEUM with the help of young artists volunteering their time and talent.  THEMUSEUM supports local artists and is looking forward to showcasing the wealth of young talent in this community. Silent auction sales will be shared between the artist and THEMUSEUM.

Participation Criteria:

THEMUSEUM seeks 10-20 artists to participate in The Brush Off | Junior Edition– young artists, ages 14 to 19 years old, high school students, who are looking for a challenge!  Come participate in an exciting, dynamic, engaging environment, while creating your artwork on the spot. 

Artists will compete in fast-paced 30-minute rounds; winners from each round will be selected by the audience votes and advance to the final round!  Artists who advance through each round should be prepared to participate in three 30 minute rounds with two short breaks all within 3 hours.

All work produced during the competition will be available in a silent auction immediately following each round.

THEMUSEUM will provide all paint, canvas and easels.  Artists will provide their own brushes/tools.  

Artists are encouraged to sell tickets to friends and family to create their very own cheering section!  Tickets will be available at THEMUSEUM and online at www.THEMUSEUM.ca coming soon.

Artists are also encouraged to display one piece of existing work at the event.  Artwork must be no larger than 4 ft. by 4 ft. and artists are to supply easels to display this work.  Artists’ names and short bios will be promoted online as well as during the event.

Financial Criteria:

  • There is no artist participation fee or application fee
  • Artists are volunteering their time
  • THEMUSEUM will provide all canvases, paint and easels, artist to provide all brushes/tools
  • All silent auction bids will start at $35 and increase in increments of a minimum $10.  A percentage (70%) of the silent auction sale price is retained by THEMUSEUM as a donation and the remainder is paid to the artist (30%)
  • Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners
  • Artists will receive one comp ticket to the event for a guest

Sign Up For The Newsletter

Sign up to stay up-to-date on THEMUSEUM's events, exhibitions, and initiatives.