Planning Your Class Visit
THEMUSEUM offers over 20 education programs that directly follow the Ontario Ministry of Education’s curriculum with subjects ranging from art and language to science and math.
From diverse exhibitions to unique and engaging programs, THEMUSEUM is proud to offer a wide variety of museum experiences designed to support and enhance the lessons being taught in your classroom. Our inspired team of educators and interpreters look forward to welcoming your class this school year!
Booking a Class Trip
Booking a class trip to THEMUSEUM is simple! Follow the steps below to complete your booking.Learn More
- Choose your program, a preferred and alternate date/time.
- Decide if you will need a lunchroom during your visit.
- Complete the reservation online, OR contact our Bookings Team at Education@THEMUSEUM.ca or 519-749-9387 ext. 293.
- A booking confirmation email will be sent to you shortly after your request is submitted.
Please note that your trip must be confirmed at least 2 weeks prior to your visit date.
Please have the following information ready when you call or email:
- Number of students and grade level
- Preferred and alternate dates and times
- Program choice(s)
- Name, email address, complete school mailing address, telephone number, and head secretary email.
- Method of payment
THEMUSEUM requires specific ratios for adult supervision to ensure the safety and protection of all students.Learn More
- Between JK to Grade 1, there must be a 1:5 ratio.
- Between Grade 2 and Grade 8, there must be a 1:8 ratio.
- Between Grade 9 and Grade 12, there is a suggested 1:12 ratio.
- For programs in The Underground Studio MakerSpace, there is a recommended 1:5 ratio. For Against the Grain (Woodworking), there is a recommended 1:4 ratio for extra safety supervision.
O.C.T. Teachers are always FREE at THEMUSEUM! For adult supervisors attending the field trip that exceed the ratio requirements, a cost of $8.96+HST each will be added to the school invoice. All additional adults must be billed with the school – individual payments will not be processed. Due to space restrictions, not all additional adult supervisors may be able to attend the scheduled programs.
Adult Supervisors are required to:
- remain with their assigned students at all times
- be responsible for the behaviour and discipline of their students at all times
THEMUSEUM is an extension of your classroom and as such, classroom rules of conduct are in effect throughout the duration of your visit. For the safety and enjoyment of your class and our visitors, all students must be closely supervised at all times while in THEMUSEUM. Rowdy, disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated and if a group becomes disorderly during a program or while touring the exhibits, the group may be asked to leave without a refund.
Included in all school visits to THEMUSUEM is Exploration Time.Learn More
This is an opportunity for students to take a closer look at and experience the variety of exhibitions at THEMUSEUM. Take the time to learn how waves are made, understand why you can lay on a bed of nails or explore one of our travelling exhibitions.
During this time, students must stay with their adult supervisor and must be respectful of other visitors and students. If there is another school group in a guided tour of an exhibition, we ask that students on Exploration Time be respectful and considerate of that group and their learning.
Cancellations and Booking Changes
Need to make a change to your class trip – no problem. Read below for more details.Learn More
THEMUSEUM offers a flexible booking policy to help accommodate for inclement weather and unexpected schedule changes. If for any reason you need to cancel your visit, our $60 cancellation fee will be waived if you provide a minimum of two weeks’ notice, or if you rebook your visit within one month of the cancellation date. No fee will be applied to cancellations due to inclement weather if all other buses are cancelled.
THEMUSEUM is happy to offer a dedicated cafeteria area for all visiting school groups.Learn More
Groups are welcome to bring their own lunch to enjoy in our cafeteria area. If you would like to include a lunch break during your visit, please be sure to let our Bookings Team know at the time of your booking to ensure your class will have enough time to eat.
Looking to bring something home as unique as your visit?Learn More
Our featured gift shop offers a wide selection of souvenirs, toys, and science experiments themed to current and past exhibitions. You will be sure to always find something memorable, as we bring new exhibitions and experiences to our students and visitors.