Saturday, September 19 at 1pm
Please join us of for the opening of the Beauty in Islamic Art exhibition on Saturday, September 19th, from 1:00pm-4:00pm. Artists will be in attendance, and refreshments will be served. All are welcome to attend by registration only.
Come and see the Beauty of Islamic Art which is reflected in artworks by Ontario-based artists for whom their Islamic background in intertwined with their multi-layered cultural identities. Place you vote for your favourite artwork in the exhibition for the People’s Choice Award!
This is the fourth year that THEMUSEUM has hosted an Islamic Art Exhibition during the Islamic Heritage Month period. This year’s Annual Exhibition runs from September 18th through to December 18th, 2020.
To keep all our staff and visitors safe as we reopen, please follow these protocols on your next visit to THEMUSEUM!
- Please maintain a physical distance of 6ft (2 meters) between groups.
- Timed tickets will control traffic flow throughout THEMUSEUM and allow us to keep you safe through contact tracing!
- Please be prepared to answer some screening questions upon arrival to THEMUSEUM.
- We know you love exploring THEMUSEUM at your own pace, but we’re asking that you follow our directional signage to ensure safety for all.
- Right now, contactless payment is preferred! Buy tickets ahead of time at Eventbrite or purchase at the door, but please refrain from using cash.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout THEMUSEUM with hand sanitization requested upon arrival.
- THEMUSEUM team will be cleaning our spaces hourly to keep all our visitors and staff safe.
- We ask that only 1 household use each washroom at a time.
- We require face coverings for all staff and visitors. Visitors do not need to wear a face-mask when:
*The Face Covering By-Laws Exempts:
- Children under the age of five.
- Those who are unable to wear a face covering as a result of a medical condition or a disability. Some disabilities are invisible so we ask people to respect that. The by-law does not require people to provide proof to support an exemption.
- A person who is assisting or accommodating someone who has a hearing loss or a hearing disability.
For more information click here