Join THEMUSEUM’s team!
Our culture is creativity and innovation. Previous work experience required to join THEMUSEUM team? Childhood dreams.
Here, the bottom line is to awe, inspire and enlighten. After all, a museum built on imagination and wonder means the work will always be interesting.
We currently do not have any job opportunities available at the moment.
THEMUSEUM volunteers contribute to every aspect and activity that happens within our space. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to promote and support THEMUSEUM’s vision to “awe, inspire, and enlighten” by creating a fun and interactive environment for visitors!
We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):55 & Better Committee
55 & Better Committee
TIME COMMITMENT: 2 hours quarterly + 4 hours monthly on Fridays (or more if interested, days may change).
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION: Ongoing
NOTE: A current Police Background Check is required.
Are you 55 & Better and looking to get involved more in the community?
THEMUSEUM invites you to contribute your diverse voice to the 55 & Better Committee. THEMUSEUM has recently launched a new programming initiative for those 55 & better! As part of the initiative, we are looking to create a committee of individuals that can help shape our future programming offerings, help execute 55 & Better programming, and use their voice to spread awareness.
- Work alongside Interpreters (THEMUSEUM floor staff) and other volunteers by providing excellent customer/ visitor-service and a learning experience.
- Public-facing role, expected to be able to converse and answer questions about THEMUSEUM & programming.
- Welcome visitors to space.
- Attend all orientation and training sessions.
- Work as a team member with staff and volunteers.
- Assist with facilitating virtual or in-person programming.
- Applicants must be 55 or older.
- Able to make a commitment of a consistent shift during programming time.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a crowded and fast paced environment.
- Able to work well as part of a team under the direction and supervision of staff.
- Engage with visitors and hone your communication and customer service skills.
- Shape future programming for those 55 & Better.
- You will receive a reference letter detailing hours completed from your direct supervisor if requested.
- You will have fun, meet new people of all backgrounds, and learn a lot!
For more information or questions, please reach out to Katelynn Dietrich, Katelynn.Dietrich@THEMUSEUM.ca.
Internships & Co-ops
THEMUSEUM is the perfect place for students to complete their internships or co-operative placements. Successful THEMUSEUM interns have come from all areas of study, including education, public relations and advertising, event management, digital media, arts, administration, and more!