Join THEMUSEUM’s team!
Our culture is creativity and innovation. Previous work experience required to join THEMUSEUM team? Childhood dreams.
Here, the bottom line is to awe, inspire and enlighten. After all, a museum built on imagination and wonder means the work will always be interesting.
Check back soon!
THEMUSEUM volunteers contribute to every aspect and activity that happens within our space. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to promote and support THEMUSEUM’s vision to “awe, inspire, and enlighten” by creating a fun and interactive environment for visitors!
We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):Project-Based Graphic Designer
JOB TITLE: Project-Based Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Director of Brand & Digital Communications
POSITION TYPE: Contract for 60 hours.
This is a project based role specific to two tasks. The first is signage pertaining to ALARM | The Climate Crisis Exhibition at THEMUSEUM. The second is to design and create graphics and a webpage for a new pop exhibition.
EDUCATION: Three year community college diploma in Graphic Design an asset.
The following are assets to the position: In depth knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat
Two years of related experience, including:
- Established knowledge of graphic design best practices and industry standards
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Exceptional organization, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
Normal Office Conditions – moderate exposure to noise and poor lighting.
EFFORT – PHYSICAL AND SENSORY
Substantial time spent keyboarding, sitting, and repetitive motions
Substantial time spent preparing written/electronic documents and using computer software
CLOSING DATE: November 22 2019
START DATE: As soon as possible.
Please direct resumes & cover letters to:
THEMUSEUM 10 King Street West Kitchener, ON N2G 1A3
Attention: Taylor.Marskell@THEMUSEUM.ca Fax: (519) 749-8612
We thank all interested applicants; however, THEMUSEUM will contact only those candidates to be interviewed. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: Gallery Attendant
TIME COMMITMENT: 6 hours per week, weekdays or weekends, available during the Exhibition (January 24th 2019 to September 2nd 2019).
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION: Ongoing
NOTE: A current Police Background Check is required.
THEMUSEUM is looking for energetic, bright and artistic volunteers to join our team!
As a Gallery Attendant you will get involved in important functions of the exhibition, such as exhibition security, arranging and guiding tours, and promoting THEMUSEUM’s Vision “To awe, inspire and enlighten” by interacting and answering visitors questions.
SPECTRUM is an interactive, immersive, shareable, and playable experience on now at THEMUSEUM!
Local and international artists have created 14 fun and colourful installations for all ages. From sensory ball pit rooms to experiencing sound transformed into sight, this innovative hands-on exhibition explores the effect that colour has over you.
And making a repeat visit – a guest favourite – Martin Creed’s, Half the Air in a Given Space will return with Work No. 329 Pink Balloons. #theballoonroomisback!
We are thrilled to develop this wonderful experience for the entire community and unlike many museums, our signs will say Please Touch!
So don’t forget your camera and be prepared to step over the threshold of colour.
- Work alongside Interpreters (THEMUSEUM floor staff) and other volunteers by providing excellent customer/ visitor-service and a learning experience.
- Public-facing role, expected to be able to converse and answer questions about the exhibits, displays and activity stations.
- Welcome school groups and visitors.
- Attend all orientation and training sessions.
- Work as a team member with staff and volunteers.
- Applicants must be 16 or older.
- Able to make a commitment of a consistent shift during the exhibition time period.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a crowded and fast paced environment.
- Able to work well as part of a team under the direction and supervision of staff.
- Engage with visitors and hone your communication and customer service skills.
- Build your resume.
- You will receive a reference letter detailing hours completed from your direct supervisor if requested.
- You will have fun, meet new people of all backgrounds, and learn a lot!
Please send your resume to Kayla Sutton Kayla.Sutton@themuseum.ca, with the day(s) and time(s) you would like to volunteer.
Please note volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer at THEMUSEUM.
To apply, please download this Adult Volunteer Application Form and submit by either:
Internships & Co-ops
THEMUSEUM is the perfect place for students to complete their internships or co-operative placements. Successful THEMUSEUM interns have come from all areas of study, including education, public relations and advertising, event management, digital media, arts, administration, and more!