Live music returns to THEMUSEUM every Friday Night!
REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged is an intimate live concert series for local music legends and upcoming indie artists to showcase their unique acoustic sounds.
Beginning Friday, March 4, musicians will perform in this interactive music series at The Voodoo Lounge at THEMUSEUM from 6pm to 11pm. Share your upcoming hits or cover songs with an engaged audience of performers and music lovers alike!
What are you waiting for? Your audience awaits…Full Registration Rules
- 1 Online Entry per performer or duo
- As a Performer or duo submitting their demo for the REVERBERATIONS UNPLUGGED Music Showcase you are 19+ fully vaccinated as of March 4th, 2022
- Performer or Duo must be a resident of Ontario. Proof of ID will be needed if chosen for performance.
- REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged is a 19+ music series @ The Voodoo Lounge at THEMUSEUM Fridays from 6 PM-11 PM. Performers will be chosen weekly by a committee from THEMUSEUM AND CKWR.
- Performers chosen each week will be notified by email or phone no later than Wednesday prior to Friday’s performance for the coinciding week. (REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged Fridays 6PM-11PM March 4- March 25)
- Each performer or duo will have their own musical equipment and/OR AMP
- THEMUSEUM does not have a backline and does not accept FULL BAND PERFORMANCES @ The Voodoo Lounge.
- Performers will have 10 min. for set up and a 40-minute performance. The Artist lineup is determined by the committee on a first come- first serve basis, based on requirements and of course talent!
- If you are a full band, you are not able to perform at REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged, however, Starting April 4th bands can submit videos for another partnership with NXNE- details coming soon!
- All musicians will require to arrive at 5 PM ( on Friday Performance Date) for soundcheck.
- Performer or Duo will be paid the following Monday of performance via ETF (Electronic Bank Transfer) via performer email given. One payment will be made to 1 performer or duo (if DUO it is the responsibility of duo to disperse earnings amongst themselves and THEMUSEUM AND ITS PARTNERS OR SPONSORS HOLD NO LIABILITY).
DEMO SUBMISSION RULES:
- 19+ Fully Vaccinated (Performer or Duo Acoustic or with Amp) (no backline, and no large equipment like drums sets and or lighting) THEMUSEUM HAS a P.A system AMPS can plug into.
- Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Performer and or Duo may have a chance to be featured on Top Tracks on CKWR with Coral Andrews.
- Performer or Duo can perform original or cover songs that will need to be submitted 24 hours after acceptance of the performance schedule for the coinciding Friday performance.
- Please enter online by clicking here. Demos can be submitted through sharable links on YouTube, Google Drive, or other online storage providers. You also may provide a link to email@example.com ONLY if you have attempted to submit your demo online at the link above.
- One entrant per musician and or DUO will be considered. All suitable submissions that meet above requirements, will be considered for Future Reverberation Unplugged Performances (March 4- March 25)
- All names for Duo must be submitted and not changed after submission.
- Each Demo must be max. 1:30.
- If Performer Duo is chosen and cancels their performance, they WILL NOT BE Considered for future performance at REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged.
Each performer or Duo will receive performance payment in the form of ETF the Monday after REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged performance. ETF will be paid to one member of the DUO only and it is up to the DUO to disperse payment among themselves.
Each performer or Duo will receive 2 additional wrist bands to enter The Voodoo Lounge during REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged – There are no FREE passes to UNZIPPED l The Rolling Stones Exhibition, however anyone purchasing tickets to UNZIPPED the day of Friday performance, may show their tickets to enter The Voodoo Lounge as part of their UNZIPPED Experience.
Performers and patrons must be Ontario and 19+ at date of performance. ID will be requested to be emailed upon acceptance of performance.
No back line or music equipment will be provided.
All chosen musicians will be required to submit names, emails and residing addresses
Entrant retains all ownership rights to all original song(s).
Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold Unsigned Only, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in Unsigned Only.
By entering, the performer or duo entrant agrees to accept and be bound by the decisions of its committee and judges which are final and binding in all matters. By entering REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged, entrant(s) agree to be bound by all terms of these Official Rules & Regulations as established herein.
REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged is governed by the internal laws of the province of Ontario, specifically THE REGION OF WATERLOO in regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City Kitchener, without recourse to class action suits.
Entrant may submit 1 demo per artist or demo THEMUSEUM, NXNE, AND CKWR does not give feedback or a critique to entrants.
Entries are screened by REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged committee who select each weeks’ performances. These finalists are sent to the judges who select the winners per week. The judges consist of music industry professionals from THEMUSEUM AND CKWR
Performers for the 2022 REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged will be announced the Wednesday prior to Friday’s performance (March 4- April 1) THEMUSEUM will post on its website and will notify entrants by email when results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses in submissions on themuseum.ca. THEMUSEUM is not responsible for entrant’s non-receipt of any REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions. THEMUSEUM will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
There will be no transfer and substitution of performances, All winners agree to release THEMUSEUM and sponsors from all liability regarding performances. All Provincial and Regional and local taxes, and fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of the performer or duo. THEMUSEUM will not pay any winners’ taxes or fees.
The Voodoo Lounge is inside THEMUSEUM and REVERBERATIONS | Unplugged takes place during UNZIPPED exhibition. All patrons must be 19+ and THEMUSEUM will NOT provide any alcoholic beverages or food riders to performers or Patrons. All alcoholic drinks must be purchased at the risk of the performer(s) and Patrons. The Voodoo Lounge has the right to eliminate ANY performer(s) and or patrons from its establishment for use of foul language in songs, intolerance to alcohol or any untoward behaviour.
Not a musician, but love live music?
Join us to watch the performances in The Voodoo Lounge at THEMUSEUM from 6pm – 11pm. $5 cover can be paid at the Guest Services desk at the King St. entrance of THEMUSEUM. Beer, wine and bar rail are available for purchase in the lounge.
This is a 19+ event and all guests and performers must be fully vaccinated. The cover charge does not cover admission to The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED.