Take action on the Climate Crisis with THEMUSEUM’s Sparks, Brownies & Girl Guides Sleepover!
Friday, January 31 at 6pm – Saturday, February 1 at 9am
Join us for a night at THEMUSEUM filled with discussion, hands-on science, art and maker activities. Learn about how the changing climate can affect our communities and discover ways that we can adapt and make a difference in our local community and the world!
You will work towards your Experiment and Create Badge, and your Connect and Question Badge, experience The Underground Studio MakerSpace, and explore our new exhibition ALARM | The Climate Crisis Exhibition which features Agents For Change | Facing the Anthropocene and Frogs & The Future. We’ll end the night with songs around a digital campfire and when the morning comes, we’ll start our day off right with yoga and a yummy breakfast!
Drop Off: Friday, January 31 between 6pm – 6:30pm
Pick Up: Saturday, February 1 from 8am – 9am
Child Ticket: $49.99
Adult Ticket: $19.99
What if the number of Guiders attending goes down between my registration date and the day of the event?
On the day of the event, you will be charged the remaining balance for the final number of girls who attended the event. For example, if you registered for and paid a deposit for fifteen Guiders and only ten participated in the sleepover, you will only be charged for ten girls.
If the number of Guiders attending increases dramatically, please inform us via email so that we can accurately prepare.
How is the programming structured?
This year, the activities are designed to help the Guiders work towards their Experiment and Create badge and their Connect and Question Badge.
On Friday night, Units must arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 pm. At 6:30 pm, we provide a welcome and orientation to the space. Between 7:00 and 10:00 pm, Units will cycle through various activity stations, floor exploration time and snack time. At 10:00 pm, we have some fun singing around a digital campfire. Starting at 10:30 pm, Units will prepare for bed and lights-out is at 11:00 pm.
Wake-up call is at 7:00 am. Between 7:15 am and 8:30 am, Units will cycle through breakfast time and a morning Yoga Session. Doors open for pick-up between 8:30 am and 9:30 am.
What if a Guider is unable to stay overnight, but would like to participate in Friday’s programming?
For security reasons, THEMUSEUM’s doors lock at 6:30 pm. If parents wish to collect their child(ren) before lights-out they can buzz in at the intercom to be allowed into the building.
Does THEMUSEUM have an emergency evacuation procedure?
Yes, THEMUSEUM has an Emergency Response Plan for the night of the sleepover. Two staff members will stay on-site overnight to act as Emergency Coordinators. You will receive the Emergency Response Plan one week before the event including the Emergency meet-up point.
Do you provide food and drink during the event?
THEMUSEUM offers an evening snack during the Friday night programming which comprises of fruit, a granola bar and a juice box. On Saturday morning, THEMUSEUM provides breakfast for the Guiders along with fruit, a juice box for the Guiders and coffee and tea for the Unit Leaders.
Do you accommodate allergies and dietary restrictions?
THEMUSEUM does our best to accommodate dietary restrictions if we are informed of them in advance. Please include any allergies and dietary restrictions on your registration form. All of the snacks and meals served during the sleepover will be nut-free.
In general, we ask that participants not bring outside food to the event, however, we will make exceptions for Guiders with dietary restrictions who may want to bring an extra snack or food item.
Are your staff first aid certified?
Yes. Most of THEMUSEUM staff are First Aid certified, and the overnight team will have on-site up to date certification.
How to Register
- Download the registration form. Indicate the number of guiders attending the sleepover and calculate the registration deposit of 50%. Include your payment information and email to us at Visitor.Services@THEMUSEUM.ca
- You will receive a confirmation that your form was received, and that your credit card was charged. You will also receive additional details about the sleepover and the packing list.
- One week before the sleepover, you will receive an email from our Family Experience Coordinator, providing you with a detailed timeline for the evening, a copy of our updated Emergency Response Plan, and contact information if you have any programming related questions.
- In the week leading up to the sleepover, please ensure that all attendees have signed a waiver form.
- All adults accompanying the units must sign individual waiver forms.
- All guiders must be listed on the Girl Guides Waiver Form, which must be signed by a named guardian.
- On the day of, please arrive no earlier than 6:00 pm at THEMUSEUM with a signed waiver form for all attendees. Unit Leaders will check in with Visitor Services to pay their remaining balance by no later than 7:00 pm.
- For security, THEMUSEUM’s automatically lock at 6:45 pm, and parents or guardians who arrive after this time must use the intercom panels to be allowed into the building.