THEMUSEUM SEEKING VOLUNTEERS TO SUPPORT THE ROLLING STONES | UNZIPPED EXHIBITION
Upwards of 150 volunteers are needed to fill positions to help promote and support the UNZIPPED experience
Kitchener, ON | November 10, 2021 — THEMUSEUM Kitchener is seeking volunteers to fill positions associated with The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED exhibition, delivered by DHL, coming to
Waterloo Region November 30, 2021 through to February 27, 2022.
“What an exciting opportunity for residents of our community to be an exhibition roadie for the greatest band in rock n’ roll!” says David Marskell, CEO of THEMUSEUM. “With many benefits
available for our volunteers, we look forward to recruiting dedicated individuals to help promote and support our vision to ‘awe, inspire, and enlighten’ by enhancing the UNZIPPED experience for
visitors from all over.”
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available and THEMUSEUM is seeking volunteers for each individual position in addition to those interested in volunteering for the entire UNZIPPED exhibition.
The positions available are as follows:
● Volunteer Gallery Interpreter: Interact with guests, direct traffic within the exhibition, provide information on the exhibition experience, explain or interpret objects within the
exhibition(s), and provide additional security to artifacts.
● Guest Services Volunteer: Assist at the Guest Services desk or exhibition entrance, in our gift shops, or coat check. Responsible for orienting visitors to the space, relaying information and instructions about the exhibition experience and directing visitor traffic.
● Screen-Printing Studio Volunteer: Assist the Underground Studio MakerSpace with screen-printing studio during The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED. A consistent commitment is required from volunteers for the duration of the exhibition, with monthly volunteer engagements also available. Training and orientation will be provided.
In return, volunteers will receive the following perks:
● First access to UNZIPPED
● Free t-shirt and a 10% discount for Rolling Stones merchandise available at RS N010 King West
● One pair of tickets to UNZIPPED
● An invitation to the UNZIPPED wrap party
● Access to other numerous attractions in Ontario at a discounted rate with the Ontario Attractions Reciprocal
● Free parking at THEMUSEUM for weekly shifts
● Reference letter
For more information on UNZIPPED volunteer opportunities at THEMUSEUM, including shift hours, qualifications and how to apply, please visit https://themuseum.ca/join-support/join-our-team/.
Rogers is a proud Canadian company dedicated to making more possible for Canadians each and every day. Our founder, Ted Rogers, purchased his first radio station, CHFI, in 1960. We have grown to become a leading technology and media company that strives to provide the very best in wireless, residential, and media to Canadians and Canadian businesses. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).
ABOUT THE ROLLING STONES | UNZIPPED
The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED delivered by DHL is the first international exhibition by and about the world-famous rock band. Following engagements in London, the United States, Australia and Asia, the show toured Europe in revamped form in 2020. The exhibition features hundreds of original Stones artifacts and memorabilia, offering the most comprehensive and immersive insight into the band’s nearly sixty-year journey.
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL family of divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences and healthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a proven commitment to corporate responsibility and an unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world.”
We are THEMUSEUM – ONEWORDUPPERCASE. We are a new kind of experiential museum – one of maverick ideas and unexpected intersections. No dusty objects and no velvet ropes. We are a premier cultural destination dedicated to presenting fresh, inspired content from around the globe in unique and immersive ways designed to showcase art & technology at play.
For media inquiries, please contact:
519-994-1912 | firstname.lastname@example.org
226-338-8654 | email@example.com