THEMUSEUM volunteers contribute to every aspect and activity that happens within our space. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to promote and support THEMUSEUM’s vision to “awe, inspire and enlighten” by creating a fun and interactive environment for visitors.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
The following are ongoing positions:
School Program Volunteer*
Birthday Party Volunteer*
*Please note volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer at THEMUSEUM.
Please download this Adult Volunteer Application Form and submit to Andrea Jimenez by e-mail, by fax to 519-749-8612, or in person during our Regular Hours of Operation to the manager of Visitor Experience at THEMUSEUM, 10 King Street West, Kitchener, ON, N2G 1A3.
New Exhibition Volunteers – TIFF digiPlaySpaceGallery Attendant
Time Commitment: 6 hours per week, weekdays or weekends, available for the duration of the Exhibition May 31st – September 23rd, 2018.
Training and Orientation: May 30th, 2018 at 3pm.
NOTE: A current Police Background Check is required.
THEMUSEUM is looking for energetic, bright and artistic volunteers to join our team!
As a Gallery Attendant, you will get involved in important functions of the exhibition, such as,exhibition security, arranging and guiding tours, and promoting THEMUSEUM’s Vision “To awe, inspire and enlighten” by interacting and answering visitors questions.
TIFF’s digiPlaySpace is a family-friendly interactive exhibition in which kids ages 3 and up can engage with emerging creative media technologies and share innovative artistic experiences.
The installations will include new media experiences like interactive projection, DIY electronics, video game creation and more!
- Work alongside Interpreters (THEMUSEUM floor-staff) and other volunteers by providing excellent customer/ visitor-service and a learning experience.
- Public-facing role, expected to be able to converse and answer questions about the exhibits, displays and activity stations.
- Welcome school groups and visitors.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Able to make a commitment of three-hour shift every week for four months including summer and holidays.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a crowded and fast paced environment.
- Able to work well as part of a team under the direction and supervision of staff.
- Engage with visitors and hone your communication and customer service skills.
- Build your resume.
- You will receive a reference letter detailing hours completed from your direct supervisor if requested.
- You will have fun, meet new people of all backgrounds, and learn a lot!
Please contact: Andrea Jimenez, Human Resources and Volunteer Management Andrea.Jimenez@THEMUSEUM.ca with the day(s) and time(s) you would like to volunteer.
Internships & Co-ops
THEMUSEUM is the perfect place for students to complete their internships or co-operative placements. Successful Museum Interns have come from all areas of study including education, public relations and advertising, event management, digital media, arts, administration, and more!