THEMUSEUM is a charitable organization which awes, inspires and enlightens almost 100,000 visitors each year. We pride ourselves on being a new type of emerging museum – one of ideas and experiences. No dusty objects, no collections, and no velvet ropes. We are dedicated to scanning the globe for fresh cultural content and using it to stage experiences that stimulate transformative connections for our audiences.
THEMUSEUM is poised to grow, expanding the “Cultural Block” at King and Queen Streets in downtown Kitchener, the heart of Waterloo Region.
Our values are Experiential Learning, Unexpected Intersections and Diverse Voices. THEMUSEUM is currently looking for new additions to sit on one of its committees or the Board of Directors. THEMUSEUM welcomes and encourages representation from all areas of our diverse community as we believe our organization must emulate our community.
While we seek a range of skill sets, we welcome all applications, in particular, we are seeking expertise in the area of fundraising/development or gala planning and execution. Above all, we are seeking commitment, enthusiasm, and a passion for delivering fresh cultural content to our
visitors in the Waterloo Region community and beyond.
- The Board of Directors – Meets six times a year plus a day-long strategy session.
- Standing Committees of the Board:
- Governance & Nomination – Meets quarterly
- External Relations & Development – Meets quarterly
- Ad hoc Committees:
- Curatorial Strategy – At the Call of the Chair
- Curriculum Advisory Team (CAT) – Meets bi-monthly
- Expansion/Construction – At the Call of the Chair
- Fundraising/Galas – At the Call of the Chair
- Marketing/ Communications – At the Call of the Chair
- Political Advocacy – At the Call of the Chair
- Post-Secondary Initiatives – At the Call of the Chair
Equity, diversity, diversity of thought and creating an inclusive community are key priorities of THEMUSEUM’s future. As part of its Action Plan for Diversity and Inclusion THEMUSEUM is committed to increasing the diversity of the organization.
THEMUSEUM is pleased to welcome applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, have disabilities, and from persons of any sexual orientation and gender identities. If you are passionate about inspiring lives and enlightening your community and are prepared to play a critical role in THEMUSEUM’s future, we want to hear from you.
How to Apply
If you are interested in further exploring this dynamic opportunity to be a part of THEMUSEUM’s Board of Directors or on one of the committees, please forward a detailed CV supporting your area of interest to BoardofDirectors@THEMUSEUM.ca by Thursday,