Jeans ‘n Classics will perform The Music of The Rolling Stones on January 6, 2022 | 8:00pm at Centre In The Square
Kitchener, ON | October 19, 2021 — THEMUSEUM is pleased to be expanding its overall Festival Strategy for the Canadian premiere of The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED delivered by DHL with the announcement of a new partnership with Canada’s rock symphony group, Jeans ‘n Classics.
“We are thrilled to be working with Canada’s biggest rock symphony group as part of our lineup of activities supporting the Festival Strategy around UNZIPPED,” said David Marskell, CEO of THEMUSEUM. “Jeans ‘n Classics’ performance of An Evening with The Rolling Stones represents our dedication to helping revive and collaborate with dozens of other arts and cultural groups who are playing a role in bringing UNZIPPED to life in our community.”
The symphony group, which has been faithfully interpreting legendary rock and pop music for over 20 years, is set to bring a rich mix of rock and orchestra style music to their performance complementing the long awaited exhibition. With their signature flair, known to uniquely bring alive diverse genres of music, the group will be interpreting the best of The Rolling Stones’ music collection spanning over the band’s nearly 60 year history.
“Beyond record sales and commercial success, there’s a cultural, world reaching vein of evolved and currently evolving musical identity that defies gender and race,” said Jean Meilleur, Vocalist, Jeans ’n Classics. “It defies age and money…it’s pure and clean and dirty and neat and messy. It’s the best rock and roll band in the world. The Rolling Stones. Still.”
Scheduled to take place from November 30, 2021 through to February 27, 2022, THEMUSEUM, as part of the UNZIPPED Festival Strategy is collaborating with dozens of groups across the fashion, arts and culture sectors over the three-month period, to bring to life the diverse influence of The Rolling Stones and rock music on various sectors of our lives. Some of these initiatives include:
- RS N010 King West at THEMUSEUM features official Rolling Stones merchandise – official opening for media October 7, 2021.
- The Voodoo Lounge — Official opening for media October 7th. An immersive licensed attraction opening to the public Friday, October, 15 and then Fridays through November 26th then daily with UNZIPPED tickets from November 30th, 2021.
- REVERBERATIONS | Our Rock & Soul Legacy — opening to the media October 7 – public on November 30.
- The Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition —featuring a wide range of artwork spanning the Rolling Stones’ guitarist Ronnie Wood’s talented career. Opening to the media November 4th then to the public in Uptown Waterloo on November 5.
- Frock On: A Century of Fashion and Pop Music — opening at Cambridge’s Fashion History Museum on November 27.
- Partnerships with local hotels including the Official Hotel, The Walper Hotel, Crowne Plaza Kitchener, Inn of Waterloo, Courtyard by Marriott Waterloo St. Jacobs, Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo and Radisson Hotel Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Museums/Musées Canada Summit: Connecting museum next generation and experienced professionals from across Canada for a transparent and strategic discussion about the industry’s future. January 16 to January 19.
- The Mel Brown Project: Honouring Mel Brown and raising awareness about the famous Blues guitarist’s significance to local arts and culture with a specially commissioned public art piece. THEMUSEUM donated $10,000 to kick start a unique campaign that will highlight Black heritage in Waterloo Region. Originally from Jackson, Mississippi, Mr. Brown relocated to Kitchener, Ontario in the late 1980s, to join a local music venue’s house band.
He played a vital role in Kitchener’s live music scene for more than twenty years. The inaugural Mel Brown Music Festival to be announced at a later date.
“Our festival strategy goes beyond celebrating the life and times of The Rolling Stones”, said Marskell. “It is celebrating the history of rock music and its intersection with other aspects of our lives, as we experience them today. The UNZIPPED exhibition is set to revitalize the arts and culture sector of our economy, helping Canadians relive history, in an unforgettable, immersive, once in a lifetime way.”
For additional information on the January 6th Jeans ‘n Classics performance and ticket sales, visit Centre in The Square
Tickets are on sale now for The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED.
ABOUT JEANS ‘N CLASSICS
Jeans ‘n Classics is a group of musicians committed to orchestra culture and helping to build younger, loyal audiences for symphony orchestras across North America. The group faithfully interprets the music of legendary rock and pop albums and artists, with their own special and signature flair. Jeans ‘n Classics works with over 100 orchestras in venues throughout North
America, and has created almost 1,000 original rock and pop orchestrations which are presented across 45 unique and exciting productions.
ABOUT THE ROLLING STONES | UNZIPPED
The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED delivered by DHL is the first international exhibition by and about the world-famous rock band. Following engagements in London, the United States, Australia and Asia, the show toured Europe in revamped form in 2020. The exhibition features hundreds of original Stones artifacts and memorabilia, offering the most comprehensive and immersive insight into the band’s nearly sixty-year journey.
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL family of divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences and healthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a proven commitment to corporate responsibility and an unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world.”
We are THEMUSEUM – ONEWORDUPPERCASE. We are a new kind of experiential museum – one of maverick ideas and unexpected intersections. No dusty objects and no velvet ropes. We are a premier cultural destination dedicated to presenting fresh, inspired content from around the globe in unique and immersive ways designed to showcase art & technology at play.
For media inquiries, please contact:
519-994-1912 | firstname.lastname@example.org
226-338-8654 | email@example.com