THEMUSEUM COVID-19 Update
Visitor Protocols – July 6
To keep all our staff and visitors safe as we reopen, please follow these protocols on your next visit to THEMUSEUM!
- Please maintain a physical distance of 6ft (2 meters) between groups.
- Timed tickets will control traffic flow throughout THEMUSEUM and allow us to keep you safe through contact tracing!
- Please be prepared to answer some screening questions upon arrival to THEMUSEUM.
- We know you love exploring THEMUSEUM at your own pace, but we’re asking that you follow our directional signage to ensure safety for all.
- Right now, contactless payment is preferred! Buy tickets ahead of time at Eventbrite or purchase at the door, but please refrain from using cash.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout THEMUSEUM with hand sanitization requested upon arrival.
- THEMUSEUM team will be cleaning our spaces hourly to keep all our visitors and staff safe.
- We ask that only 1 household use each washroom at a time.
- We require face coverings for all staff and visitors. The Region of Waterloo’s Face Covering By-Laws Exempt:
- Children under the age of five.
- Those who are unable to wear a face covering as a result of a medical condition or a disability. Some disabilities are invisible so we ask people to respect that. The by-law does not require people to provide proof to support an exemption.
- A person who is assisting or accommodating someone who has a hearing loss or a hearing disability.
The Province of Ontario announced a regional approach to Stage 2 of reopening businesses, which includes those operating in the Region of Waterloo. Under Stage 2, THEMUSEUM is now permitted to open to the public, and our organization is navigating how to do so effectively and safely.
Similar to the Province, THEMUSEUM will open in phases and is making plans to reopen at least three of the four exhibitions which made up ALARM | Responding to Our Climate Emergency; Agents for Change | Facing the Anthropocene on our fourth level, MELTING ICE on the third level and SPECTRUM | The Climate Emergency Experience Pop Up at Waterloo Town Square.
As we work to gain answers, THEMUSEUM will remain closed, but we will provide updates as they become available. We are working hard to ensure that we can balance service to the community with safety for staff and visitors, as well as our own sustainability.
A Message From Our CEO – March 14
The safety and wellbeing of our visitors are of the utmost importance to THEMUSEUM; therefore, we have been monitoring and assessing new developments for COVID-19 daily. In addition, we have been in consultation with the Commissioner of Public Health for Waterloo Region and our leadership team is meeting daily to assess worldwide updates.
Based on consultation with both the Region of Waterloo and City of Kitchener it has been determined that in the best interest of all that THEMUSEUM close immediately until further notice.
Due to the ever-evolving situation, we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We continue to monitor the situation closely and will update via email, our website and newsletter.
We are living in unprecedented times when the importance of things in our lives have become shuffled into a proper list of priorities.
THEMUSEUM has been my passion for the last dozen years and to see it temporarily closed is ok. Together we must flatten the curve of new cases and together beat this nasty virus. We will.
So thank you for your support. As Members, Volunteers, Guests, Donors and the incredible team we have built something really unique. In time we will reopen and continue our path to sustainability and to building a new, larger facility to awe, inspire and enlighten.
Until then, wash your hands and see you soon.